Bull Terrier Behaviour Problems
The Staffordshire Bull Terrier can become a wonderful family pet with good training, but there are some common dog behaviour problems with this breed that need to be carefully monitored to ensure this lively dog can become a safe, reliable member of the family.
Learn more about common Bull Terrier behavioural problems in the guide below, buy this breed of dog
Staffordshire Bull Terrier: Dog Behaviour Guide
1. The Bull Terrier is a fairly intelligent dog, but it can be stubborn on occasion – and this undesirable trait needs to be stamped out from an early age, as it can get worse as the dog matures without sensible training. Try and avoid relying too heavily on treats as an incentive for good behaviour at an early age.
2. Barking can also be a major problem with some Staffordshire Bull Terrier, so if you don’t want to upset the neighbours, it’s essential to rectify this tendency, as it can become disruptive over time. Read our guide on How to Train a Dog to Stop Barking to learn more about combating this behaviour.
3. Some Staffordshire Bull Terriers may also find it hard to socialise around other animals, household pets, and particularly other male dogs. Therefore, you’ll need to introduce a Bull Terrier puppy to other dogs and cats in the house at the earliest possible opportunity. Introducing a puppy to the house can be tricky – so it’s important to take a considered approach to this particular dilemma.
4. Separation anxiety can also be a major issue, and these powerful dogs can become extremely destructive if left alone for long passages of time. It’s best to start separation training with a Bull Terrier as a puppy, as they will soon realise that reckless actions in your behaviour will not be viewed kindly.
5. Finally, Staffordshire Bull Terriers should never be left alone in the company of strangers and particularly young children, as they are extremely loyal to their owner and may view outsiders with suspicion. These dogs can be aggressive if provoked, so it’s important to monitor their whereabouts at all times.
Find Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppies for sale on Dogs and puppies.co.uk
Cleaning Cat Urine
Ancient Hungarian Dogs
Baby Corn Snakes for Sale - Care Tips and Advice
How to Look After Tortoises
How To Look After Kakarikis
Labradoodle Puppies for Sale - Introducing Other Pets